- This event has passed.
Effective Business Writing
January 17 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$199
Though businesses increasingly rely on technology, technological skills alone do not guarantee success in the workplace. You must still develop your ideas, express them clearly, and persuade others of their viability. This course offers effective strategies to sharpen your writing skills by structuring your ideas logically, exercising diplomacy in letters and reports, and shaping your arguments.
In contemporary business environments, information overload makes it necessary for you to communicate clearly and concisely. Trying to make sense of a disorganized email message can be frustrating given the number of emails you have to answer daily. By analyzing your audience, organizing your writing, and employing effective persuasive techniques, your writing will make an impact.
In this course, you will organize and write effective business documents.
- Identify techniques to write effective business communication.
- Write electronic communication that is clear, concise, and appropriate in a business context.
- Apply the writing principles you have studied to specific business situations and learn to address the needs of a particular audience.
- Use your writing and diplomatic skills to create formal business letters.
- Use basic persuasive strategies that will allow you to plan and deliver effective proposals.
This course is for individuals who need to write clearly and concisely in a professional environment.
To ensure your success, we recommend you have some level of work experience in any of a variety of organizational settings, and general end-user computer and Internet skills. You may wish to take the following Logical Operation courses or have equivalent knowledge:
- Grammar Essentials (Second Edition)
- Microsoft® Office Word 2016: Part 1 (Desktop/Office 365™)
- Microsoft®Office Outlook® 2016: Part 1 (Desktop/Office 365™)
Full Course Outline